Part VIII - General
Proposed new general offences
It is proposed that provision be made for a number of general offences as follows:
- possession of an immigration stamp or replica immigration stamp without reasonable excuse.
- assisting entry in breach of a deportation, exclusion or removal order.
- provision of immigration services for gain or reward by unqualified persons.
- assisting or facilitating the transportation, harbouring or movement into or out of the Islands of an individual in contravention of the law (human smuggling).
- entering a marriage of convenience. Under this new provision if a marriage officer has reasonable grounds for suspecting that a marriage will be a marriage of convenience and fails to report his suspicion to the Chief Immigration Officer without delay he is guilty of an offence.