Nickola McCoy; was born and has lived most of her life in The Cayman Islands where she is already acknowledged as one of the country's finest talents to emerge in recent years.
Working in a variety of mediums in order not to limit herself, Nickola loves to explore with an open mind when it comes to expanding her knowledge of art.
Nickola was the first winner of the Island's highest artistic achievement award, The “McCoy Prize” for Excellence in Caymanian Art in 2002, following it up five years later by winning the honours in the “Fine Art” category of the “McCoy Prize” in 2007, to top it off she captured the “People's Choice Award” in the same category of the same year.
Mrs. McCoy-Snell describes her work as a reflection of her opinions and view of the world. She has always welcomed all criticism of her work and maintains the belief that all art, as with all things that are exposed to public opinion, should provoke feeling, emotion and debate.
She also received the Cayman National Cultural Foundation Artistic Achievement Award for 2002. Her work was used for the cover of the first edition of the Cayman Islands Poetry Society’s annual book release in 2005.
Nickola has just completed a highly successful and diverse Solo show at The Morgan Gallery where she was able to display a broad range of styles to demonstrate her talent, and to support the Cayman Cancer Society.
- 1999-2001Visual Art Society – Group Art Exhibition
- 2001-Native Son's – Group Exhibition @ the National Museum
- 2002- Winner of The McCoy Prize Exhibition @ The National Museum
- 2003– Exhibited in the McCoy Prize Exhibition
- 2003– Art @ Governors
- 2003– Portrait of an Artist -The National Gallery
- 2004– Emergence - Group Exhibition at the National Gallery
- 2004– Art for London – Cayman Ambassador Office London
- 2005– Fahive – Native Son's – Group Exhibition – The National Gallery
- 2006– Solo Exhibition – Cornwall England
- 2007– Solo Exhibition “See Me Ya” The Morgan Gallery
- 2007– Winner of the “McCoy Prize” Fine Arts category and Peoples Choice Award in the same category
- 2007– Centennial Art Exhibition celebrating the Grand Old House –Group Exhibition
- 2008– Grass Piece – Native Son's Group Exhibition -The Morgan Gallery
- 2008– Through Our Eye's – The Morgan Gallery
Nickola can be contacted via email at email@example.com by phone at 927-2076.
“Lazy Days”, Nickola McCoy.
Last Updated: 2008-04-01