Skip navigation

Information for Non-Residents

Dining at the Cracked Conch by the Sea Grand Cayman Couples wishing to marry during a vacation or a cruise ship stop may apply for a special licence. Under the law, the Governor grants special licences, and marriages may be performed as soon as applications have been processed. The Passport and Corporate Services office handles applications on Grand Cayman, and District Administration represents the Governor on Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.

The application, which must be signed by both persons, must give full names, occupations, permanent addresses and any current temporary address. It must also name the marriage officer who will perform the ceremony, state whether either party has been previously married, and confirm that there is no lawful hindrance to the intended marriage.

The couple may choose to bring the required documents to the specified Government office and make the application in person. Or, working with their marriage officer, they may fill out and sign the form, provide the necessary documents, and then turn the process over to the officer for completion.

The documents required are:

  • Proof of identity, such as an original or certified birth certificate or passport;
  • Cayman Islands international embarkation/disembarkation card or ship's boarding pass;
  • Certified or original copies of divorce decrees/death certificates.

The license fee of CI$150 (US$187.50), plus a CI$50 (US$62.50) application fee, must accompany the documents. Applications should be filed at the Passport and Corporate Services office on the second floor of the Sussex House, George Town, Grand Cayman, telephone 345-943-7678. Persons preferring to marry on Cayman Brac or Little Cayman should contact the District Commissioner's office, Government Administration Building, Cayman Brac, telephone 345-948-2222. The licence must be produced to the marriage officer performing the ceremony and is valid for three months.

Last Updated: 2010-01-07