- Mrs Helen Kilpatrick, CB
- Her Excellency The Governor
- Government Administration Building, George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Mrs Helen Kilpatrick CB has been appointed Governor of the Cayman Islands in succession to Mr Duncan Taylor CBE, who will be transferring to another Diplomatic Service appointment. Mrs Kilpatrick will take up her appointment during September 2013.
- Mrs Kilpatrick joined the Home Office in April 2005 as the Director General for Finance and Corporate Services. For a period during 2012 and 2013 she was the acting Home Office Permanent Secretary and Accounting Officer. She also has extensive experience working in local government, most recently in West Sussex County Council as deputy Chief Executive and Director of Resources, where she was also Treasurer of the Sussex Police Authority, and for a number of London Borough Councils. Mrs Kilpatrick is a chartered accountant, and a member of the CIPFA Council. She is also a Board and Finance Committee Member of Chichester Festival Theatre.
- On her appointment as Governor of the Cayman Islands, Mrs Kilpatrick has said I am honoured and delighted to be appointed Governor of the Cayman Islands. I look forward to working in a constructive partnership with the newly elected government to ensure a safe, successful and sustainable future for the Cayman Islands.
|Full name:||Helen Kilpatrick CB|
|Children:||One son, one daughter|
|2005 present||Home Office, Director General (Finance & Corporate Services)|
|1995 2005||West Sussex County Council, Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Resources. Also Treasurer, Sussex Police Authority|
|1989 1995||London Borough of Greenwich, Controller of Financial Services|
|1988 1989||London Borough of Greenwich, Assistant Borough Treasurer|
|1987 1988||London Borough of Tower Hamlets, Chief Accountant (Technical)|
|1986 1987||London Borough of Tower Hamlets, Group Accountant (Housing)|
|1985 1986||Greater London Council, Group Auditor|
|1982 1985||Greater London Council, Graduate Trainee (Finance)|