Skip navigation

FAQs: Office of the Governor

How do I apply for a British passport/visa?
The British High Commission in Kingston, Jamaica has responsibility for the Cayman Islands in issuing full British Passports and visas for the United Kingdom. Application forms can be collected from the Cayman Islands Passport Office on Elgin Avenue. The completed forms should then be sent to Kingston. For further information please contact the British High Commission on tel: (1-876)926-9050 or fax number (1-876)929-7869. The application forms can also be downloaded from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office"s website at
Can the Governor's Office help with Immigration/Work Permit inquiries?
All such inquiries should be addressed in the first instance to the Cayman Islands Immigration Department, PO Box 1098 GT, Elgin Avenue, George Town, Grand Cayman. Tel: (1-345)949-8344, Fax: (1-345)949-8486.
Can I make an appointment to see the Governor?
All inquiries should firstly be put to the relevant Department/Ministry as a matter of course. If you still believe you require an appointment, requests should be put in writing and either faxed, posted or hand delivered to the Governor''s Office, Government Administration Building. Please make sure that all relevant information is included.
How do I address correspondence to the Governor?
  • His Excellency the Governor, Mr Stuart Jack
  • Governor"s Office
  • Government Administration Building
  • Elgin Avenue
  • George Town
  • Grand Cayman
  • Cayman Islands, BWI
The salutation should read: "Your Excellency"

How do I get a document apostiled?
Apostiles are done by the Office of the Honourable Chief Secretary, not the Governor''s Office. Please see their section on this website.
Why are you not dealing directly with my letter addressed to "The Governor-in-Council"?
Letters addressed to "The Governor-in-Council" will come before the Governor after all the necessary paperwork has been completed first. Any correspondence attaching cheques or appeals to Immigration Board decisions should be addressed to the Cabinet Office on the 2nd floor of the Government Administration Building.
What is and how do I spell the Governor''s wife''s name?
The Governor''s wife''s name is Moriko.
Can the Government House be used for fundraising events?
Government House cannot directly be used for fundraising events, but receptions to promote worthy charitable causes, or to mark special achievements or milestones for such organizations may be agreed by the Governor.