FAQs: Tourism, Environment, Development & Commerce
- What departments fall under the Ministry of Tourism, Environment, Investment & Commerce?
- Please review the list of Government Agencies by Portfolio/Ministry.
- What authorities, boards, and committees fall under the Ministry of Tourism, Environment, Investment & Commerce?
- Please review the list of Public Bodies by Portfolio/Ministry.
- We're planning a vacation to the Cayman Islands. Can the Ministry of Tourism send us some information and brochures on accommodations?
- The Islands offer a wide variety of accommodations and information is available from the Department of Tourism. A link to the department's website appears on the home page.
- We're visitors. What restaurants does the Ministry for Tourism recommend for local food?
- We recommend you ask local residents. Traditional Cayman favourites include turtle stew, lobster Cayman-style, fish Cayman-style, stewed conch, and salt beef and beans. For dessert, try heavy cake.
- We're tourists. It's raining; what can we do?
- The Ministry of Tourism recommends visiting Pedro St.James National Historic Site and the National Museum. There are entertaining (and educational) videos to watch at both locations, and you'll learn some fascinating details about island life during the past three centuries.
- We're on vacation and it's raining. When will it stop?
- There's a link to the local weather service. Residents expect almost daily showers during the rainy season, but storm clouds usually pass quickly.
- Where can I obtain a current bus schedule?
- Call the Department of Vehicle and Drivers Licensing or call the Hotline at 945-5100.
- What's the procedure for obtaining a taxi driver's license?
- Questions about obtaining a taxi driver's license should be directed to Phillip Ebanks, the secretary of the Public Transport Board, at 945-8346.