Skip navigation

FAQs: Family Resource Centre


 Items 1 - 2 of 2 
Can I receive counselling at the Women’s Resource Centre?
Yes. If you are experiencing relationship abuse, marital problems, grief, or personal difficulties and you need to talk to someone in confidence, free counselling is available at the WRC by appointment or walk-in clinics are every Monday and Wednesday from 1:00-4:00PM.
Can I file for a divorce, obtain a restraining order, or apply for maintenance at the Women’s Resource Centre?
No. You must go through the Courts to obtain a divorce, a restraining order, or maintenance order. The Legal Befrienders programme offered through the Women’s Resource Centre can provide victims of domestic abuse free legal advice (not representation) so that they are aware of their legal rights and options. All matters listed above must be taken through the Court system.