- Donovan Ebanks MBE, JP
- Chief Secretary & Head of the Civil Service
- Government Administration Building, George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Mr. Ebanks served as Deputy Chief Secretary for fifteen years and became Chief Secretary and Head of the Civil Service on 1 July 2009. He is the second Chief Secretary to head both the Portfolio of Internal and External Affairs and the Portfolio of the Civil Service.
During his time as Deputy Chief Secretary he had a leading role in reviews of immigration laws and procedures, and of civil service salaries and pensions.
Mr. Ebanks has been a member of the National Hurricane Committee (now the National Hazard Management Council) since its inception in the mid-eighties and chaired the committee on many occasions. At the time of Hurricane Ivan, Mr. Ebanks not only chaired the National Hurricane Committee, but also was in operational control before, during and after this catastrophic event in Cayman’s history.
His civil service career began when he joined the Public Works Department in 1975. He became Chief Engineer in 1983.
- Prison Service
- Emergency Communications 911
- Hazard Management Cayman Islands
- Elections Office
- Community Rehabilitation
- National Hazard Management Executive
- National Hazard Management Council
- Passport Office
- Civil Aviation Authority
- Cayman Brac & Little Cayman Immigration Board
- National Hurricane Committee
- Parole Commissioners Board
- Prison Inspection Board
- Trade and Business Licensing Board
- Business Staffing Plan Board
- Caymanian Status & Permanent Residency Board
- Work Permit Board
- Civil Service College
- Public Service Pension Board
- Public Sector Reform
- e-Government Advisory Committee
- Air Transport Licensing Authority
- Air Transport Licensing Board