You are here: Homepage > About Government
Appointed by Her Majesty's Government, the Governor presides over the meetings of Cabinet and the Advisory Committee on the Prerogative of Mercy, but is a member of neither. The Governor also chairs the National Security Council.
- The Judicial Branch
Justice is administered at three levels - in the Summary Court (including the Youth Court), the Grand Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Governors and Predecessors
A list of the persons who have served the Islands from 1750 to the present as Chief Magistrates, Commissioners, Administrators and Governors.
- Heads of the Civil Service
A list of the persons who have served as Heads of the Civil Service, along with key milestones from their tenure.
- The Cabinet
The Cabinet is composed of the Premier, six other Ministers and two non-voting ex-officio members.
- The Legislative Assembly
The 19 elected members of the Assembly represent the Islands' six districts. There are two non-voting ex-officio members.
- Order of Precedence
If I'm going to greet Government officials in a speech, in what order do I mention them? If there's only room for eight at the head table, who should sit there? Knowing the protocol will help.
- Freedom of Information
The Cayman Islands Government has a commitment to Freedom of Information.
- Government Organisation Chart
The chart shows major positions in the Cayman Islands Government and the relationships among them.
Cayman Islands Government job opportunities.
- His Excellency The Governor
- H.E. The Governor Martyn Roper, OBE
- Hon. Alden M McLaughlin Jr., MBE, JP, MLA
- President of the Court of Appeals
- Rt. Hon. Sir John Goldring
- Chief Justice
- Hon Anthony Smellie, QC, JP
- Speaker of the House
- Dr. Hon. W. McKeeva Bush, OBE, JP , Hon MSc, MLA
- Deputy Governor
- Hon. Franz Manderson, Cert. Hon.
- Deputy Premier
- Hon. Moses Kirkconnell, JP, MLA
- Attorney General
- Hon. Samuel Bulgin, JP