- Agency: Community Rehabilitation
- Reference: R0322018
- Posted: 22-Feb-2018
- Closing Date: 16-Mar-2018
- Salary: CI$49,428 - CI$66,480
- Job Description
The Department of Community Rehabilitation Invites applications for the position of:
The Department of Community Rehabilitation is responsible for the supervision and rehabilitation of adult offenders in the Cayman Islands. Probation Officers are responsible for working directly with adult offenders and their families, as well as various partnering agencies such as the Courts, Mental Health Agencies, Substance Abuse Providers, Police Service, and Prisons; with the aim of protecting the public, reducing the level of offending behaviours and helping offenders to become more responsible citizens.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:-
- Preparation of pre-sentencing and pre-release reports and assessments for the Courts and the Conditional Release Board;
- Supervision of adult offenders in the community within the terms set by the Court and the Conditional Release Board;
- Develop and implement educational support and rehabilitation groups in the community and prisons;
- Maintain a case management system ensuring that statistical data is current and accessible;
- Liaise with internal and external resources;
- Participate in Court duty services and
- Manage all other requirements as outlined in the Job Description.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:-
- A Bachelorís degree in Social Work, Criminal Justice, Sociology, or Psychology from an accredited University with two (2) or more yearís related working experience after graduation.
- Experience working with and supervising high risk offenders
- Working knowledge of local criminal laws relating to the post.
- Knowledge of the criminal Court proceedings and practices.
- Skills in interviewing individuals with a high degree of objectiveness, tolerance, compassion, and stability.
- High moral conduct on and off the job.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate in person to individuals within the community.
- Proficiency in the use of various software programmes including Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Case Management System.
- Programme development and facilitation skills are core requisites.
Detailed job description, benefits information and application forms are available at:www.recruitment.gov.ky
Please submit completed Government Application Form and Resume to:Business Manager, Department of Community Rehabilitation
P.O. Box 10226
Grand Cayman KY1-1002, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Fax:Fax: (345) 949-2838
APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED
LATE AND/OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 16TH MARCH, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.