- Agency: Public Libraries
- Reference: R0472018
- Posted: 06-Mar-2018
- Closing Date: 23-Mar-2018
- Salary: $11,774.40 - $39,564
- Job Description
The Cayman Islands Public Library Service (CIPLS) invites applications for the following post:
(2) Full –time, (1) Part – time 15 hrs per week
Salary (Full-time): CI$29,436 – CI$39,564 per annum
Salary (Part-time): CI$11,774.40 – CI$15,825.60 per annum
Required qualifications, experience and skills include the following:
- This post holder is responsible for providing high quality, professional customer service that enables the public to access the full range of services provided by the Cayman Islands Public Library Service (CIPLS).
- The post holder will provide customer service to support the information access and educational needs of customers.
- Provide support to assigned Branch Manager in the delivery of all library programmes and services.
- The post holder will collect and record daily library use statistics.
- The post holder should process an Associate Degree in a related field and two years of relevant experience, or have the ability to demonstrate the competencies for the role through broad experience in a similar work environment and a commitment to complete an Associate Degree within four years. Be highly computer literate with at least intermediate level Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency, Internet search knowledge and capability, and a fundamental understanding of databases. Have excellent communication skills with a strong customer service approach. Have a logical and process oriented approach to work that focuses on accuracy and attention to detail. The post holder must be comfortable with high volume routine workloads, with the ability to meet strict deadlines, be flexible with respect to location assignments, shift requirements and work assignment areas.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
The detailed job description and Government application form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs.
Please send your completed Government application form, resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com.
*Please note overseas applications will not be considered for this role.*
Application Deadline: 23rd March, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.