Junior Support Administrator
- Agency: Police
- Reference: R0512018
- Posted: 12-Mar-2018
- Closing Date: 28-Mar-2018
- Salary: $32,532 - $43,788
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCES & IMMIGRATION
Applications are invited for the post of: JUNIOR SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
The post holder is responsible for assisting with the installation and maintenance of computers, data communications and network equipment supporting the computer network of the ROYAL CAYMAN ISLNNDS POLICE SERVICE. The post holder is responsible for assisting the Network Administrator with the procurement and maintenance of computers, network equipment and software for all environment, which amounts to over 15 locations with users numbering approximately 425 staff.It would involve support for the maintenance of over 270 computers, 150 laptops, 150 cellular phones 75 LAN line phones, 120 Police Radio Equipment and 15 other communications equipment.
KEY DELIVERABLES (include but not limited to):
- Provide prompt and effective technical services in response to all requests from RCIPS, users inclusive of Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.
- Provide an effective interface at the highest level between users.
- Respond to the needs and queries of network users: troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes hardware and/or software problems, order equipment, source and evaluate costings and repair.
- Execute any other duties, within the competence of the post holder, which may reasonably be required from time to time.
Education and/or Experience /Qualifications:
- The post holder must possess a High School Diploma with a minimum of 3 years IT and Systems Administration experience or, an Associate Degree or, equivalent IT qualification with a minimum of 1 year IT and Systems Administration experience.
- Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013/2016
- Troubleshooting & Support
- Personal computer hardware
- Structured Cabling
- Project Management, diagnostics & troubling shooting.
It is essential that the post holder possesses sound training and knowledge in all of the following areas:-Technical Knowledge and Skills:
DETAILEDjob description, benefits information and application form are available at: www.recruitment.gov.ky
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Ministry of HUMAN RESOURCES & IMMIGRATION
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
PO Box 111 Grand Cayman KY1-9000, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Preference will be given to suitably qualified Caymanians
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS: 28 MARCH 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.