Statistician I (SNA-Production)
- Agency: Economics and Statistics Office
- Reference: R0662018
- Posted: 26-Mar-2018
- Closing Date: 30-Apr-2018
- Salary: $55,560 - $74,712
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF FINANCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
invites applications for the following positions:
STATISTICIAN I (SNA - PRODUCTION ) ECONOMICS & STATISTICS OFFICE
To produce the National Product Accounts Report of the Cayman Islands comprising the 18 economic sectors of the country. A secondary purpose of the job is to assist with the compilation of the Supply and Use Tables (SUT) and other compilation approaches for Gross Domestic Product, and in managing the System of National Accounts SNA) unit of ESO.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the database, processing and reporting systems required in the preparation of the System of National Accounts Product Accounts Report comprising of all economic sectors in the Cayman Islands, taking into account the differences in estimation methodologies for the sectors depending on their structure, data availability and the relationship of the product accounts with the other components of the SNA.
- Review and make recommendations in the operational design and implementation of manuals, classification systems, questionnaires, definitions and methodologies, and software for the data collection, processing, compilation and publication of the SNA-Production Accounts Report.
- Identify, coordinate and implement improvement plans for the collection of production accounts datasets from administrative sources and surveys, in order to minimize data collection from business surveys
- Supervise, guide and control the work of immediate subordinates, by allocating work, determining priorities, checking progress and monitoring the results of data collection and processing with reference to the statistical manuals, classification systems, application of software and agreed objectives.
Knowledge & Experience
The Post-holder should possess a Masterís Degree in Statistics and at least three years of experience in a national statistics office working on SNA compilation and publication. Or a Bachelorís Degree in Statistics, Economics or related discipline and at least five yearsí full-time work experience in a national statistics office working on SNA compilation and publication;
Should have at least 2 years supervisory experience.
Must have practical knowledge of the international SNA manual, international industrial classification systems, and preferably have undergone international or regional training in SNA.
Good oral and written communication skills; and be proficient in the use of statistical software (SAS, SPSS or any other comparable software programs).
PLEASE SUBMIT GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
Ministry of Finance &Economic Development
3rd Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman, KY1-9000
For application forms and job descriptions please visit our website at www.recruitment.gov.ky
Deadline For Receipt Of Applications: 30th April 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.