- Agency: District Administration
- Reference: R0742018
- Posted: 03-Apr-2018
- Closing Date: 19-Apr-2018
- Salary: $11.11 - $12.27
- Job Description
Cayman Islands Government
DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, CAYMAN BRAC
Invites applications for the following positions:
(Public Works-District Administration, Cayman Brac)
Salary Grade GBB: $11.11Ė $12.27 per hour
The Department is seeking an individual to supervise a team of Labourers to maintain road infrastructure and road shoulders of all Government Public Roads in Cayman Brac and Little Cayman and assist with constructio0n of roads when required.
The applicant must be capable of performing the following duties along with others listed in JD:
- Supervise a team of up to, but not limited to, four (4) Labourers
- Maintenance of roads
- Ensure job is of satisfactory standard and completed in timely manner
- Perform any duties as required by Supervisors
- Has a valid driverís license, up to group 3 preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Basic knowledge of what is expected as related to the job, i.e. bush cutting with machete, operating a chainsaw, pole saw, lawnmower, weed trimmer, use of a shovel.
- Has experience driving mini bus up to 15 seats
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects
- Ability to follow instructions
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:Human Resources Manager
District Commissionerís Office
District Administration Building
P.O. Box 240, Cayman Brac KY2-2101, Cayman Islands
Or via email: DCOfficerecruitment@gov.ky
For application forms and job description please visit our website at www.gov.ky/recruitment
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms may be disqualified.
Deadline for receipt of applications is April 19, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.