- Agency: Agriculture
- Reference: R0762018
- Posted: 06-Apr-2018
- Closing Date: 20-Apr-2018
- Salary: $35,916 - $48,276
- Job Description
We seek an individual to join the Department of Agriculture – Agricultural Health Inspection Services team. To assist the Agricultural Officer with the quarantine inspection of plants, plant products live animals, animal products and other regulated articles being imported or exported from the Cayman Islands.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
Knowledge & Experience:
Diploma or Associates Degree in Agriculture, or CXE passes in English, Mathematics and Biology or Agriculture Science. Knowledge of plant and animal pests would be an asset.
Experience: At least two years working experience in a related field of Agriculture/Horticulture.
- Basic skills in dealing with people under all condition
- Ability to effectively use automated office equipment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management skills are essential
- Computer skills & proficient knowledge of computer applications e.g. Microsoft Excel and Word at an Intermediate level
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist with processing incoming passengers including inspecting passengers’ baggage
- Conduct inspection of air and sea cargo consignments of live specimens, task force inspections of containerized plants and fresh produce at approved locations island-wide.
- Conduct monthly island wide monitoring for plant pests (including new weed species) and annual island-wide pest surveys
- Issue plant import permits and phytosanitary certificates in accordance with Plants Law and Regulations
- Assist with the provision of advice to importers & exporters of animals, animal products, plants, plant products and seafood.
The full job description and application form can be obtained at www.recruitment.gov.ky.
Please submit your application form and resume via email to:
Operational Human Resource & Information Manager
Department of Agriculture
#181 Lottery Rd
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Deadline for applications is: April 20 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.