Education Strategy Officer
- Agency: Education
- Reference: R0792018
- Posted: 09-Apr-2018
- Closing Date: 25-Apr-2018
- Salary: $55,560 - $74,712
- Job Description
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, YOUTH, SPORTS, AGRICULTURE & LANDS
Invites applications for the following post: Education Strategy Officer
The Education Strategy Officer will provide administrative, research, and strategic support to ensure effective implementation of education projects. This post has strategic planning, development, coordination, implementation, and monitoring components as part of the role and responsibilities.
Required qualifications, experience and skills include the following:
- A Bachelorís degree in Education, Public Policy, Public Administration, Political Science, or similar tertiary qualification and at least 5 years work experience, preferably in the public sector.
- Three to five years relevant experience, at strategic levels, in education planning, education policy development and programme management.
- Broad experience and working knowledge of Governmentís organisational structure and functions, including budget and financial control and personnel management procedures would be an asset.
- Must have detailed knowledge of current policy issues in the field of education, experience working with senior leaders and stakeholders to identify and promote education policies, and to help define priorities and bring about solutions to compelling organisational challenges within the education sector.
- Excellent analytical and research skills, with the ability to collect and analyse complex material and data, and present it in accessible forms.
- Confident public speaking abilities, with excellent communication skills and the ability to interpret and explain policies and provide advice and assistance to a range of audiences, and the ability to persuade, influence and motivate others.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
The detailed job description and Government application form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs. Please send your completed Government application form and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: April 25, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.