Magistrate's Personal Assistant
- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD05/2018
- Posted: 11-Apr-2018
- Closing Date: 25-Apr-2018
- Salary: $39,732 - $53,436
- Job Description
The Judicial Administration is now accepting applications for the post of:
MAGISTRATEíS PERSONAL ASSISTANT
The Personal Assistant will provide a high-level of effective and efficient support to the Chief magistrate, 2 other permanent Magistrates and 5 Acting Magistrates. The role has all the specialties of the traditional PA role with the additional responsibility of being the primary channel of communication between the Chief Magistrate and Magistrates and those involved in matters assigned to them, both practitioners and the wider public.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- An Associateís Degree or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Secretarial Certificate/Diploma plus a minimum of five years office/secretarial and administrative experience
- Good judgment, be a reliable team player, show resilience and be able to consistently deliver what is required to a high standard.
- Excellent planning, coordination, organizational and problem solving skills and display acute attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- The ability to work effectively and reliably under pressure, either alone or as a member of a team, and within tight and often overlapping deadlines.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Sound working knowledge of the justice system, structures and protocols, especially with those procedures relevant to the categories of case to be dealt with by the Summary Court and Coronerís Court;
- The ability to exercise diplomacy in relation to working with the judiciary, practitioners, senior Government officials and the wider public.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and take on new tasks as required.
- A high degree of commitment to the public service.
- Excellent interpersonal, liaison, communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written).
- The highest level of confidentiality including being meticulous in handling and recording documents, and being tactful and discreet.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Latin terms used in legal correspondence
- Strong knowledge of English Grammar with an equally excellent ability to write, comprehend and edit documents
- Copy and audio typing speeds of at least 60-70 wpm with a 95% accuracy
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
P O Box 495
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Fax: (345) 949-8650
Job Description and Application Form available at www.recruitment.gov.ky and www.judicial.ky
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: April 25th 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.