Senior Policy Officer
- Agency: Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs
- Reference: R0912018
- Posted: 20-Apr-2018
- Closing Date: 25-May-2018
- Salary: $63,684 - $85,656
- Job Description
The Ministry of Financial Services & Home Affairs welcomes suitable applicants on behalf of Department of Financial Services, Policy and Legislation for two (2) posts of:
Senior Policy Analyst
The post holder will be responsible for monitoring international regulatory developments in the financial services industry, and providing policy advice, analysis and implementation to assist with the coordination and administration of the Department’s strategy for a globally competitive financial services industry.
Review and provide advice to the Deputy Director on issues relating to financial services policy and proposals made by the private sector. He/she will also be expected to assist in the development and implementation of policies in response to international regulatory initiatives which affect the Cayman Islands financial services industry.
This position also involves developing and implementing research models to monitor local and global developments as well as to keep abreast of developments in competitor jurisdictions. In addition to preparing briefings and reports to inform the Deputy Director, in writing, of any pertinent findings.
Participate in local and international conferences, forums and seminars as an expert in the Cayman Islands financial services industry. In addition to managing the consultation process within Government and relevant private sector groups with respect to policy and legislative proposals.
Do you have the following qualifications and attributes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Law, or related discipline plus 6-8 years’ of relative experience of which 4 years have been in a middle management role involving policy development and implementation; or full professional qualification in Law or Accounting plus 4 years’ relevant experience of which 3 years have been in a middle management role involving policy development and implementation, and/or significant client interface and transaction management.
- Experience with policy research analysis and the ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders, and public sector personnel at various levels.
- Ability to present complex information concisely and clearly.
- Ability to undertake research, comprehend and analyse complex facts quickly and accurately.
- Familiarity with the public sector, how policy is created, and how outcomes are communicated.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
For job descriptions and application form please visit www.gov.ky/recruitment.
PLEASE SUBMIT CIG APPLICATION & RESUME TO:
Ministry of Financial Services and Home Affairs
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: Friday 25 May 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.