- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD09/2018
- Posted: 03-May-2018
- Closing Date: 07-Jun-2018
- Salary: $32,532 - $43,788
- Job Description
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - CRIMINAL REGISTRY
To provide direct clerical and administrative support within the Criminal Registry by performing a variety of responsible, sensitive and technical work in support of the preparation and completion of filings for all criminal matters dealt with in the Summary Court in this jurisdiction.
- No less than 5 years’ work experience, at least 2 of which to be in a legal environment.
- Proven ability to follow procedures and work in a consistent manner.
- Proven knowledge of Basic Accounting skills, to ensure accurate calculation and reconciliation of outstanding fines.
- Proven ability to work accurately and efficiently, managing time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate effectively with individuals within a wide range of knowledge, understanding and ability to express themselves including skilled practitioners and attorneys.
- Proven eye for detail ensuring any discrepancies or irregularities are dealt with in accordance with defined procedures.
- Proven ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proficient in using technology including email, word processing and spreadsheets using Windows applications.
- Experience of liaising and/or working with the general public, other organizations and agencies.
- Experience of working with multiple computer systems
Specialist Knowledge / Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of instructions to carry out specific work routines.
- Ability to make decisions within defined guidelines.
- Knowledge of record management principles, methods, procedures and techniques (or ability to learn them within a short space of time)
- Knowledge of court procedures and processes and/or ability to read, comprehend and apply the Laws, Rules and procedures of the Grand and Summary Courts to given situations (or ability to learn them within a short space of time)
- Must be a High School graduate
- Certifications in Legal Studies and Customer Service preferred
- Willingness to undertake any relevant training.
- Confidence in learning and using new computer applications.
- As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily.
PLEASE SUBMIT FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:Human Resource Manager
P O Box 495
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Fax: (345) 949-8650
Application Form available at www.recruitment.gov.ky
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: JUNE 7TH 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.