Case Manager, Public Law and Family Division
- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD07/2018
- Posted: 03-May-2018
- Closing Date: 07-Jun-2018
- Salary: $35,916 - $48,276
- Job Description
The Judicial Administration is now accepting applications for the post of:
CASE MANAGER, PUBLIC LAW AND FAMILY DIVISION
To manage the process of cases, maintain the records of all matters, and perform a variety of complex and confidential duties in support of court operations and functions relating to Divorce, Custody, Access to Children, Adoption, and Public Law proceedings in which the Government seeks orders relating to the care and well-being of children in both the Grand Court and the Summary Court. The post holder will also assist in the management of Summary Court maintenance and affiliation cases as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Establish rapport and build effective, professional relationships with the public and other professionals
- Effective listening
- Responding with empathy
- Interviewing and assessment
- Must possess computer skills including a demonstrated understanding of Microsoft Office and accurately transpose financial data.
- Must possess 5 years of administrative or clerical experience
- Must be a high school graduate with 5 GCSEs and 5 years relevant office/secretarial experience
- Knowledge of Judicial Enforcement Management System, would be an advantage
- The post holder should possess Conflict Resolution skills or is expected to develop them over time.
- Legal experience relevant to family proceedings would be an advantage or, it is expected that the post holder will develop these over time with the support of the Lead Judge and Supervisor. Familiarity will be required (in due course) with the provisions of the Children Law, the Maintenance Law, Adoption of Children Law, Matrimonial Causes Law and any other relevant laws.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task.
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with the public, attorneys, Judges, Magistrates and other Public Officers in relation to family proceedings. As a case manager the post holder must possess the following communication skills:-
PLEASE SUBMIT FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
P O Box 495
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Fax: (345) 949-8650
Application Form available at www.recruitment.gov.ky
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: JUNE 7TH 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.