- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD10/2018
- Posted: 04-May-2018
- Closing Date: 07-Jun-2018
- Salary: $32,532 - $43,788
- Job Description
The Judicial Administration is now accepting applications for the post of:
To ensure the smooth running of a court in session, to provide security (in conjunction with Court Security Officers) for Judges and magistrates and to be the prime means of communication between the court in session and court users.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
High School Diploma or equivalent in order to demonstrate correct English usage - grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary
- Court procedures (or ability to learn these very quickly)
- Systems of Judicial Administration (or ability to learn these very quickly)
- The importance of confidentiality of information and circumstances
- Drug and alcohol testing procedures (or ability to learn these very quickly)
Competencies and Experience
- At least 3 years working experience ideally within a law enforcement, or security environment or comparable sector undertaking a range of security, law enforcement and clerical work to be able to demonstrate either the following competencies or the ability to fulfill those competencies within the probation period.
- Access and Interpretation of Information – provides guidance and/or advice on several areas of operation and correctly applies procedures which relation to the provision of information and individual rights.
- Strong Communication Skills and listening skills and the ability to modify communication style and content to a wide range of specific audiences, while using voice control to project voice and conduct public speaking.
- Ability to apply Departmental policy and procedure consistently and correctly to a variety of situations, while exercising powers and delegations with authority and identify potential confrontational situations and manage them.
- Must possess strong Customer Service skills, with the ability to use relevant pieces of information to establish connections with customers and maintain effective and efficient communication, especially with contentious customers, using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Possess computer and technical skills that allow for the effective use of all relevant software applications (namely remote video solutions exclusively using Polycom hardware) relevant to the role (or ability to learn these very quickly).
- Must possess the ability to assess priorities, co-ordinate processes and reschedule work as the work day or situation(s) demands.
- Strong problem solving skills, with a proven ability to develop and implement effective solutions in a timely manner, especially where there is no clear direction or in an unstructured situation.
- Must possess the ability to, be able to take into custody and detain any person until the rising of the court within the precincts of the Court and on order of the court.
- Must possess the ability to assist in subduing a person whilst maintaining order in the court room or Chambers.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
P O Box 495
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Fax: (345) 949-8650
Job Description and Application Form available at www.recruitment.gov.ky and www.judicial.kyDEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS JUNE 7TH. 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.