- Agency: Children and Family Services
- Reference: VDCFS004/18
- Posted: 04-May-2018
- Closing Date: 23-May-2018
- Salary: $49,428 - $66,480
- Job Description
The Ministry of HRI&CA (Community Affairs) is seeking to fill the following vacancy in the Department of Children & Family Services:
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be to identify the nature, cause and progression of socially related problems of individuals and groups and plan, monitor and review assigned cases to ensure that progress is being made as per the case plan.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assessing and identifying the nature, cause and progression of social related problems of individuals and groups to improve their quality of life, enhancing community awareness and making recommendations for, and implement changes;
- Managing an assigned case load by planning, monitoring and reviewing assigned cases per the case plan to ensure progress is being made whilst maintaining accurate and timely documentation;
- Intervening in families during times of crises to achieve positive change;
- Interviewing and documenting information on clients to ensure appropriate recommendations are made regarding the best interest of clients; and
- Collecting and documenting information to prepare reports that will assist the Courts and other agencies in their decision making processes.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelorís Degree in Social Work and a minimum of three (3) years of practical social work experience. Exceptions are made for the Caymanian university graduate at the entry level, with some practical experience in a social work setting;
- Knowledge of professional social work theories and related practices;
- Knowledge of social work values and principles in practice including the clientís right to self-determination, confidentiality and respect for the clientís dignity, etc.; and
- Knowledge of social work skills, including strategic planning and engaging clients in constructive relationships.
As part of the job description, the minimum qualifications that the post holder is required to have are as follows:
The successful applicant must have their own vehicle and a valid driverís license.
COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME ARE TO BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO:
Human Resources (Community Affairs)
Ministry of Human Resources, Immigration and Community Affairs
For application form and job description, visit www.recruitment.gov.ky
Application Deadline: 23rd May, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.