Supervisor, Family Proceedings Unit
- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD08/2018
- Posted: 04-May-2018
- Closing Date: 09-Jun-2018
- Salary: $44,268 - $59,544
- Job Description
The Judicial Administration is now accepting applications for the post of:
SUPERVISOR, FAMILY PROCEEDINGS UNIT
The post holder is responsible for supervising the work undertaken by the Family Proceedings Unit ensuring all matters are handled properly and ensuring efficient service for all court users.
The post holder will work closely with the Clerk of Court and Senior Deputy Clerk of Court in order to:
- ensure all documents in the Family Proceedings Unit are accurate and processed/progressed with efficiency and handled in the strictest of confidence; in particular, the post holder is responsible for ensuring that the unit deals effectively with all matters arising from divorce, maintenance or the care of children in the Grand Court or the Summary Court and with the enforcement of financial orders made in family proceedings.
- in conjunction with the Listing Officer, manage the listing of cases to ensure that cases come before the court expeditiously and that the progress of cases is effectively managed.
- advise on procedure and make recommendations to improve efficiency where necessary.
- Create, update and maintain guidance manuals to ensure processes are documented to assist with the training of individuals.
- Subject to appointment, perform the duties of Justice of the Peace.
- Carry out any other duties and projects as specified by the Clerk of Court and/or the Senior Deputy Clerk of Court.
- Oversee the processing of all matters in relation to reciprocal orders in accordance with the Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Order Law (REMO) in the Summary Court.
- Process all matters in relation to reciprocal orders and in accordance with REMO in the Grand Court.
- Access information from IRIS/JEMS/AMANDA so as to determine the status of payments and calculate arrears ready for submission to the Grand Court.
- To accurately maintain maintenance spreadsheets for individual Court cases.
- To ensure all Court documents including originating process, correspondences and orders are filed within the Judicial database.
- To ensure that the MIAM & Mediation roster is adequately managed by staff and to liaise with stakeholders to ensure same.
- Setup workflow for e-filing platform with outside agencies and applicants.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong supervisory experience or the capacity to manage staff, high volumes or work and systems well.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good accurate typing and computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word & Excel. Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Judicial Enforcement Management System/AMANDA would be an asset but must have the ability to utilise JEMS and other IT systems to their full capacity for the purpose of these proceedings, would be desirable.
- Ability to interpret legislation and adequately apply legal procedures within the ethos of family proceedings
- The post holder will possess a first degree with at least 3-5 years working experience as a Manager or Supervisor.
PLEASE SUBMIT FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
P O Box 495
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Fax: (345) 949-8650
Application Form available at www.recruitment.gov.ky. Job Description attached for easy reference.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: JUNE 9TH, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.