Graduate Valuation Officer
- Agency: Lands & Survey
- Reference: R01012018
- Posted: 09-May-2018
- Closing Date: 25-May-2018
- Salary: $44,268 - $59,544
- Job Description
Preference will be given to applications from suitably qualified and experienced Caymanians
The Lands & Survey Department invites applications for the post of:
GRADUATE VALUATION OFFICER
The post-holder will assist the Chief Valuation Officer and his team in carrying out their various statutory and professional duties which include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking valuations for all Government purposes including the assessment of Stamp Duty, asset management and insurance purposes.
- Negotiating acquisitions and disposals of property in accordance with policy and law.
- Estimating and negotiating compensation claims for road acquisitions and other compulsory acquisition purposes.
- Providing professional advice on all Landlord & Tenant matters.
- Advising Government Departments on lease acquisitions, rent reviews and renewals.
- General Management of the Crown Estate.
The successful applicant will be expected to progress to achieve professional status. Applicants must:
- Possess an RICS Accredited Degree in Estate Management / Valuation (or equivalent) and be working towards becoming a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (or equivalent).
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic; showing initiative and self-discipline to progress work without the need for constant referrals to / from his/her Superior Officers.
- Be able and willing to quickly integrate to become a totally dependable team member for whom the performance of the team should always come first.
- Be well practiced in the Microsoft Office suite of products. A practical working knowledge of using GIS applications would be useful.
- Hold a full clean Driving Licence.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Director of Lands & Survey
Lands & Survey Department
Government Admin Building, 133 Elgin Avenue,
P.O. Box 1089
Grand Cayman, KY1-1102
Fax: (345) 949-2187
For an application form and job description please visit our website at www.caymanlandinfo.ky
NB: ALL applications MUST be on the official application form. E-mail delivery is acceptable and encouraged
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 25th May, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.