- Agency: Agriculture
- Reference: R01252018
- Posted: 07-Jun-2018
- Closing Date: 25-Jun-2018
- Salary: $11.11 - $12.27
- Job Description
Salary: CI$11.11 - 12.27 per hour
We seek an experienced individual to carry out a wide range of tasks at the Department of Agricultureís experimental station and office complex as well as office station duties relating to the tree crop husbandry, spraying of fruit trees, pruning and assisting with the Fruit Fly Programme.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
Knowledge & Experience:
The post holder must have:
High school graduate with basic knowledge in agriculture.
- Working knowledge of pesticide usage, rates and application to large trees
- Excellent understanding of pruning techniques for fruit trees
- Have a good work attitude and be a team player
- Have a pleasant personality and be able to communicate well with customers and co-workers.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provision of a pruning & spray service to farmers for the control of pests and diseases on fruit trees
- Aesthetic maintenance and security of the grounds at the Agricultural complex.
- Monitor all crops, including fruit tree orchard for pests and diseases and effect control.
- Assist with the maintenance of the departmentís gardens, lawns and pastures.
- Any other duty as instructed by us /her Supervisor.
The full job description and application form can be obtained at www.gov.ky.
Please submit your application form and resume via email to: DOARecruitment@gov.ky or to:
Operational Human Resource & Information Manager
Department of Agriculture
#181 Lottery Rd
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Deadline for applications is: June 25 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.