Human Resources Manager
- Agency: Police
- Reference: R01282018
- Posted: 12-Jun-2018
- Closing Date: 29-Jun-2018
- Salary: $55,560 - $74,712
- Job Description
Applications are invited for the post of:
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, ROYAL CAYMAN ISLANDS POLICE SERVICE
The post-holder will provide a wide range of Human Resource Services for the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service to meet its long-term strategic goals as set out in its current organisation plan. This will enhance the modernisation of the organisation and facilitate the attainment of its long-term organizational goals as set out in its current strategic plan. The post-holder will be expected to work closely with the Chief Human Resources Manager and colleagues on the Senior Management Team.
KEY DELIVERABLES (include but not limited to):
- Develop and implement an integrated HR strategy to support the RCIPS organisational aims, objectives and policing plans;
- Review and update job descriptions for employees if necessitated by the demands of the post. In addition, create job descriptions for new positions with consultation from the respective Head of Dept, and forward to the Ministry for evaluation in order to determine salary scale;
- Provide guidance and support to Senior Managers, Supervisors and others relating to organisational changes, workforce issues, disciplinary matters, compensation and benefits;
- Assist the Chief Human Resources Manager in the coordination of the training budget;
- Provide any other assistance and perform such other duties in relation to HR that are within the post-holder’s competence as may be reasonably required by the Commissioners.
Education and/or Experience /Qualifications:
The post-holder will be an accomplished professional and possess at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration, with 5-7 years’ experience in Human Resources Management. Given the differing needs and HR matters to be addressed, the job holder should also possess a minimum of 3 years’ supervisory/ management experience. Experience in a command and control environment in an organisation with 100+ employees, covering a complete range of HR functions, is desirable.
It is also essential that the post-holder possess:
- The ability to listen /work with various nationalities;
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written);
- Ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations affecting the HR function of the organization;
- Knowledge and use of HR software to record data and generate reports necessary to manage and make business decisions;
- Ability to bring integrity and impartiality to all tasks, and observes strict confidentiality, while exercising discretion and courtesy;
- Knowledge of core competencies, training delivery, design and evaluation.
DETAILED job description, benefits information and application form are available at: www.recruitment.gov.ky
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Ministry of HUMAN RESOURCES & IMMIGRATION
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
PO Box 111 Grand Cayman KY1-9000, CAYMAN ISLANDS
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS: 29 JUNE, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.