Health Insurance Inspector
- Agency: Health Regulatory Services
- Reference: R01302018
- Posted: 12-Jun-2018
- Closing Date: 26-Jun-2018
- Salary: $55,560 - $74,712
- Job Description
The Department of Health Regulatory Services invites applications for the post of:
HEALTH INSURANCE INSPECTOR
The Health Insurance Commission (HIC) is responsible for monitoring and regulating the Health Insurance industry within the Cayman Islands. The successful applicant will be responsible for administering and enforcing the Health Insurance Law, Health Insurance Commission Law, and the Health Insurance Regulations as stipulated by legislation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the Health Insurance Law and Regulations are properly enforced.
- Conduct surveys and research in order to inform the Commission on necessary action plans.
- Provide analytical reports and statistical reports as required by the Superintendent of Health Insurance.
- Conduct investigations and on-site inspections as required.
- Receive, investigate, and resolve complaints within the procedure and time frame established by the Health Insurance Commission.
- Prepare case files for Administrative Fines and for submission to the Director Public Prosecution for prosecutions due to non-compliance with the health insurance legislation.
- Assist with monitoring the premium rate for the Standard Health Insurance Contract to ensure that the Health Insurance Commission provides the best possible advice to the Governor in Cabinet on the standard premium.
- Assist with the coordination and compilation of fees for each health benefit.
- Provide ongoing training, guidance, and information to stakeholders on the role of the HIC and on the health insurance legislation.
- Assess and process applications for high-risk insurance persons and uninsurable persons from the approved insurers.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate should possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Criminal Justice or similar qualification in the health insurance field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in healthcare, health/life insurance or the financial industry. Investigative and enforcement experience would be advantageous.
- The ability to comprehend and enforce various provisions of the health insurance legislation.
- The ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with the general public and other stakeholders in the Health Insurance industry.
- In depth knowledge of the health insurance industry and the operation of health insurance business.
- The ability to investigate and prepare evidence to assist with the prosecution of cases in Court.
- General working knowledge of the health care field including familiarity with health care terminology.
Please submit an application form and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
Grand Cayman KY1-9000, Cayman Islands
For application form and job description please visit our website at www.recruitment.gov.ky
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday June 26, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.