Administrative Officer II
- Agency: District Administration
- Reference: R01312018
- Posted: 12-Jun-2018
- Closing Date: 28-Jun-2018
- Salary: $49,428 - $66,480
- Job Description
Cayman Islands Government
Invites applications for the following positions:
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
(DISTRICT COMMISSIONERíS OFFICE - DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION, CAYMAN BRAC)
The Department is seeking an individual to assist the District Commissioner in the day-to-day administration of Cayman Brac and Little Cayman by providing general administrative support with responsibility for managing the District Commissionerís Office by planning, coordinating and managing all administrative, financial, social and ceremonial activities of the Department.
The applicant must be capable of performing the following duties along with others listed in JD:
- Review and respond to approximately 1,000 pieces of correspondence per month and answer approximately 350 telephone and walk-in queries per week.
- Plan and organize social and ceremonial events as may be required within the Administration and community.
- Manage appointments and official travel arrangements for District Commissioner and other visiting officials including receptions and luncheons for H.E. the Governor.
- Provision of oversight and guidance of all day to day operational activities within the DC Office and the Cayman Brac Museum.
- Manage a staff of four, ensuring that optimum customer service is delivered at all times.
- Process and execute approximately 20 Special Marriage Licenses per annum.
- Manage a annual department budget of approximate $1.3M.
- Oversee the process of registration of births, death and marriage certificates for the Sister Islands.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- A degree in Business/Public Administration with at least four (4) years management experience or/and a high school graduate with not less than seven (7) years work experience and at least three (3) years in a management position.
- Must possess excellent public relation skills, interpersonal skills, good organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills, analytical skills, ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be available to attend ceremonial functions outside of normal working hours.
- Must be computer literate in all Microsoft applications.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
District Commissionerís Office
District Administration Building
P.O. Box 240, Cayman Brac KY2-2101, Cayman Islands
Or via e-mail: DCOfficerecruitment@gov.ky
For application forms and job description please visit our website at www.gov.ky/recruitment
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms may be disqualified.
Deadline for receipt of applications is June 28, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.