Administrative and Finance Manager
- Agency: Counselling Services
- Reference: R01462018
- Posted: 25-Jun-2018
- Closing Date: 15-Jul-2018
- Salary: $55,560 - $74,712
- Job Description
The Department of Counselling Services is seeking to fill the following vacancy:
Administrative and Finance Manager
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the strategic planning, budgetary and financial reporting requirements, office management and human resource functions of the Department of Counselling Services are carried out and maintained in compliance with relevant Laws, Regulations and policies.
The Department has an annual Budget of approximately $3.6 Million, receives approximately $75,000 in donations; has approximately 45 staff that operate from 4 separate locations, including an office in Cayman Brac and a 24-hour residential facility in Breakers, Grand Cayman.
- Financial Management Ė includes budget preparation; output performance and financial reporting; Managing Assets, and maintaining Fixed Asset Register; appropriately managing all donations or grant monies.
- Human Resource Management Ė duties include: Implementing Departmentís HR processes in accordance with policy and procedures; Provision of HR support to Departmentís managers, for recruitment, selection and orientation of staff, training needs analysis, job description development, and disciplinary administration; Setting up new employees accurately for benefits, computer and e-mail access; Processing HRIRIS transactions for all staff; Verifying staff leave entitlements; Managing personnel files.
- Administrative Management Ė Post-holder will ensure that: facilities and equipment, stocks of office and cleaning supplies are maintained at all four sites; ensure Departmentís website, Leave Tracking, Time Recording, and Case Management Systems are all maintained and updated across the Department.
- Records Management - Establishes and maintains the departmentís overall records management system, and acts as Information Manager for the Department.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful applicant should have:
- A Bachelorís Degree in Business Administration or Accounting with at least five years prior experience working in a role with responsibility for the Human Resource and Finance functions of an organisation of similar size.
- A thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting, bookkeeping, and financial management principles supported by considerable experience that would enable the employee to satisfactorily perform the duties required.
- Knowledge of Best practice principles in Human Resource Management/Organisational Development, with prior experience managing both operational and strategic elements.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications including governmentís IRIS accounting system Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent oral communication and written skills.
- Prior experience supervising a small administration team.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of client and personnel information.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Department of Counselling Services
3rd Floor, Royal Plaza Building
P.O. Box 10142
Grand Cayman KY1-1002
For application form and job description, please visit www.gov.ky/recruitment
Application Deadline: 15-July-2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.