- Agency: Prison Service
- Reference: R01492018
- Posted: 27-Jun-2018
- Closing Date: 16-Jul-2018
- Salary: $32,532 - $43,788
- Job Description
Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service invites applications for the post of:
Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service is the sole correctional service in the Cayman Islands. Its mission is to secure persons incarcerated by the judicial system safely and provide rehabilitative opportunities for offenders.
The role of the Maintenance Officer is to provide general maintenance and upkeep of the Prison facilities.
The main responsibilities of the post holder will include, but are not be limited to:
- Provide maintenance services on a daily basis such as repairs and installation services.
- Troubleshoot existing and emerging problems and suggest cost effective solutions.
- Complete work orders/requested repairs in a timely fashion based on a work order priority.
- Complete Daily Activity Reports and other maintenance documentation for accurate records and costings.
- Maintain record and security of all Maintenance tools and equipment.
- Work and mentor inmates on maintenance work party.
- Liaise with contractors and vendors.
- Procure goods and services from local vendors according to local laws and procurement policies.
- Candidates must have at least 3-4 years maintenance experience.
- Candidates with work experience in a correctional facility or secure environment would be advantageous.
- High school diploma, diploma from technical high school or equivalent.
- Competency in at least two of the following skill sets: Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, Welding, Masonry, HVAC or heavy equipment operation and repairs.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license, preferably Group 4
Additional requirements for the job can be found in the job description which can be found at www.gov.ky/recruitment as well as application forms.
The post holder will be expected to enter the Prison compound unescorted and work alongside prisoners on a daily basis. The post holder must have his/her own transportation. All candidates should possess a clean police record and expect a full background check if shortlisted.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO BE CONSIDERED:
- CI GOVT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- COPIES OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATES/QUALIFICATIONS
- COPY OF PASSPORT (PIC PAGE)
Ref: Maintenance Officer Vacancy
24 Sheffield Drive, Northward
PO Box 1807
Grand Cayman KY1-1109
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, July 16th 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.