Chief Executive Officer
- Agency: Cabinet
- Reference: V011/18
- Posted: 27-Jun-2018
- Closing Date: 15-Jul-2018
- Salary: $158,400 - $179,196
- Job Description
UTILITY REGULATION AND COMPETITION OFFICE
Applications are invited for the following post:
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall strategic and operational performance of the Utility Regulation and Competition Office (‘OfReg’). The CEO’s responsibility also extends to the effective management of the Office in fulfilment of the declared objectives, within the statutory framework of the broad policies instituted by the Board of Directors or statutory mandates.
Key areas of accountability include, but are not limited to:
- Appropriation accountability to the Legislative Assembly
- Provision of policy advice and support to the Minister, Chief Officer and other Government entities on OfReg matters
- Education of local businesses and the general public on Information and Communications Technology, Energy & Utility, Water and the Fuel sector issues
- Responsible to the Board of Directors and Cabinet for all activities and performance
- Regional and International Representation
- National Cyber Security Initiatives
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring national policies.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Degree or relevant Post Graduate Qualification in Utility Regulation, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Law or Public Policy, from a recognized institution or hold an equivalent professional qualification.
- A seasoned professional with minimum of ten (10) years’ substantial experience in one or more of the following fields:(a) utility regulation or competition environment,(b) accounting,(c) economics,(d) engineering,(e) finance,(f) law,(g) public policy or,(h) any other field related to the functions of the Office
- Significant experience of facilitating, negotiating, arbitrating or supervising contracts, licenses or equivalent forms of authorisation, preferably between the Government and the private sector
- A sound understanding of regulatory operations and technologies, consumer demand for services as well as trends in their development would be beneficial.
- Current knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Highly developed skills (both written and oral) in the presentation of arguments and ideas
- Strong business ethics, integrity and composure at all times and in all situations, all stakeholders
- Have an appreciation of the applications of IT systems for organisational operations
- Possess personality and flexibility to command the attention and respect of individuals and groups with whom OfReg will have regular contact
- Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding OfReg.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and tact as well as political, social and cultural sensitivity and maturity
- Confidence in public speaking, including interacting with the media
The CEO will be expected to lead and manage change, motivate others, and demonstrate a commitment to achieving results.
A detailed job description is available online at www.recruitment.gov.ky or www.ofreg.ky/job-opportunities. A resume and cover letter should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or to HR Executive, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Ave, Box 117, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands KY1-9000.
Application Deadline: 15th July 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.