- Agency: Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
- Reference: R01552018
- Posted: 03-Jul-2018
- Closing Date: 17-Jul-2018
- Salary: $44,268 - $59,544
- Job Description
The Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing invites applications for the post of:
The Accountant will assist the Deputy Chief Financial Officer with, and undertake financial functions of, the Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing including budgeting, accounting, payroll, audit schedules, reconciliations and reporting functions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation of the Ministry/Departmental financial statements and annual budget
- Undertaking expenses & payables and revenues & receivables functions for the Ministry/Departments
- Undertaking accounting, payroll and ledger management functions for the Ministry/Departments
- Providing Management with timely reviews of the Ministry and Departmentís financial status and progress in its various outputs.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- A Bachelorís degree in Accounting and at least 3 yearsí relevant experience.
- The ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- A thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, including adequate experience establishing and monitoring budgets.
- A keen sense of professional ethics and operational and control procedures.
- Proficiency in computer application software including Microsoft Office.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
Possession of a professional accounting designation (for example, CPA/ACCA), or active pursuit of attaining designation, would be advantageous.
Please submit an application form and resume to:
Human Resources Manager Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing 5th Floor, Government Administration Building Grand Cayman KY1-9000, Cayman Islands Email: email@example.com
For application form and job description please visit our website at www.recruitment.gov.ky
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 17, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.