- Agency: Portfolio of Legal Affairs
- Reference: R01562018
- Posted: 03-Jul-2018
- Closing Date: 20-Jul-2018
- Salary: $39,732 - $53,436
- Job Description
The Cayman Islands Government is currently inviting applications for the following post within the Office of the Law Revision Commission:
The Legislative Editor position within the Office of the Law Revision Commission will provide support in relation to the:
- revision of the laws of the Cayman Islands (layout, style, grammar and structure);
- production of the Annual Consolidated Index of Laws;
- maintenance of the online database and web-portal of Cayman Islands legislation;
- Policy Research and Development being undertaken by the Law Revision Commissioner.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Applicants for this position should hold a paralegal qualification. It is also a requirement that applicants possess:
- at least seven (5) years’ experience in a legal environment;
- a detailed knowledge and experience of the use of Microsoft Office Products (including Word and Excel);
- a high level of understanding of the English language, grammar and punctuation.
- Communicate at all levels, both orally and in writing;
- proof read complex documents, ensuring complete accuracy (including spelling, grammar and punctuation);
- produce highly accurate work, with a clear attention to detail;
- ensure strict confidentiality at all times;
- manage time and work priorities effectively;
- operate a variety of office equipment (scanners, computers, printers);
- work in a highly organised fashion, adopting a structured and methodical style;
- learn new systems/procedures and relevant laws quickly and effectively;
- work quickly and produce results within immovable deadlines;
- be highly trusted at work, and be recognised as a professional colleague who adopts an appropriate workplace style which ensures effective one-to-one relationships, as well as the development of valuable team environments;
- consider the bigger picture/context of work related actions, before execution;
- type/word process quickly and accurately (at least 55 wpm).
Please submit your Application Form, cover letter and résumé/curriculum vitae to:
Mark Harrison, Portfolio of Legal Affairs, 4th Floor, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, P.O. Box 136, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000. Telephone: 1 345 244 2336. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, 20th July, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.