Environmental Health Officer I - Sister Islands
- Agency: Environmental Health
- Reference: R01582018
- Posted: 05-Jul-2018
- Closing Date: 20-Jul-2018
- Salary: CI$55,560 - CI$74,712
- Job Description
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
We are accepting applications from suitably qualified Caymanians for the position of:
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER I – SISTER ISLANDS
The Department of Environmental Health protects the public from environmental health related hazards, and is regulated by the Litter Law and the Public Health Law and Regulations. The post holder will be based in Cayman Brac and will have responsibility for the management and monitoring (inspecting / monitoring / enforcing) of all environmental health sanitation and solid waste programmes within Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Inspect and monitor residential, commercial, institutional and industrial premises with respect to environmental health matters within an assigned geographical area to ensure environmental health sanitation standards are maintained
- Liaise with specialist staff members with regard to building development control, food safety, solid waste management, water/sewage control, and occupational health and safety matters as necessary
- Develop and implement special environmental health programs within the Cayman Brac and Little Cayman districts and conduct workshops and training seminars, etc.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the water quality laboratory and water sampling
- Investigate environmental health nuisances and cases of food poisoning
- Plan, supervise and co-ordinate the solid waste collection and landfill operations on the Sister Islands
- Attend quarterly meetings on Grand Cayman or as requested by the Director, Environmental Health.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
The successful applicant should possess at minimum, a B.Sc. in Environmental Health or Environmental Science or related degree. Additionally, Meat and Other Foods Certification is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ postgraduate experience in environmental health sanitation with the last three years in a supervisory position
- The ability to communicate effectively, be a dynamic team member, have high ethical standards, maintain updated documentary and computer-based records, display a flexible approach to work and be confident in dealing with the public
- The ability to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
PLEASE SUBMIT COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource & Administrative Manager
Department of Environmental Health
P.O. Box 1820
Grand Cayman KY1-1109
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 20 July 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.