Human Resources Officer
- Agency: Environmental Health
- Reference: R01572018
- Posted: 05-Jul-2018
- Closing Date: 20-Jul-2018
- Salary: CI$39,732 - CI$53,436
- Job Description
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
We are accepting applications from suitably qualified Caymanians for the position of:
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Under the supervision of the Human Resource & Administrative Manager, the post holder will provide a wide range of Human Resource (HR) functions for the DEH, the main purpose of which will be to assist in administering, planning and directing HR activities and strategies required to meet the needs of a highly paced environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and ensure relevant due diligence checks are completed in relation to contract renewals
- Assist with maintenance of all HR records
- Prepare and process HR correspondence such as employment agreements, change of circumstance forms, pension forms, job references, acting and duty appointments letters, transfers, acceptance of resignation/retirement letters etc.
- Arrange and participate in various meetings, including producing the agenda and minutes as appropriate in consultation with the HR & Administrative Manager
- Communicate the organizationís policies, procedures and responsibilities to staff
- Assist with co-ordinating ad-hoc projects/events as tasked by the HR & Administrative Manager
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
The post holder must possess An Associateís Degree in HR Management/Professional HR Certification with at least four (4) years position related experience in an HR environment is required. Exposure to or familiarity with the Cayman Islands Government (CIG) HR systems would be an asset.
- strong IT skills with experience in Microsoft Excel, computerized personnel systems and data querying tools
- demonstrable skills in filing procedures
- excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills in order to meet deadlines and maintain a high level of efficiency and effectiveness
- highly effective interpersonal & relationship building skills
- exemplary communication skills both written & verbal
- high level of self-motivation and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team the highest level of integrity and impartiality in relation to all aspects of the role, as well as the ability to observe strict confidentiality while exercising discretion, sensitivity and courtesy
- excellent research and analytical skills.
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
PLEASE SUBMIT COMPLETED CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource & Administrative Manager
Department of Environmental Health
P.O. Box 1820
Grand Cayman KY1-1109
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 20 July 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.