Business Licensing Officer I
- Agency: Department of Commerce and Investment
- Reference: R01612018
- Posted: 05-Jul-2018
- Closing Date: 27-Jul-2018
- Salary: CI$44,268 - CI$59,544
- Job Description
Business Licensing Officer I
The successful applicant will carry out the administration duties and licensing processes for the various Licensing units under the Department in accordance with the relevant laws.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Processing all applications for the grant and renewal of Licenses (approximately 350 - 450 per month) including but not limited to Trade and Business Licensing, Liquor Licensing, Tobacco Permits, Local Companies Control Licensing (LCCL), Cinema Licenses, Special Economic Zone Trade Certificates (SEZ) and any other licensing functions undertaken by the Department.
- Reconciliation and verification of approximately CI$7.2 million in revenue annually;
- Creation and maintenance of files for all applications approximately 100 -150 new files per month.
- Provide feedback to customers within 24 hrs of receiving a request for information approximately 20 – 30 requests per day.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related discipline with a minimum of 2 years working experience is preferred or;
- An Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Demonstrated experience and solid understanding of superior professional customer service in order to interact with a full range of stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of any or all of the following laws and regulations: Trade & Business Licensing Law, Liquor Licensing Law, Local Companies Control Law, Tobacco Law and Regulations, Cinematography Law, Special Economic Zone Law and Regulations;
- Working knowledge of other legislation pertaining to business establishment, licensing and permits is desirous e.g. Development and Planning Law, Public Health Law etc.;
- Familiarity with legislation and regulation affecting commercial activity in the Cayman Islands including, but not limited to, company registration, banking requirements, Immigration, Customs, labour regulations, and business licensing;
- Ability to develop processes and procedures that would increase efficiency.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software programmes including Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, etc.);
The required government application form must be completed in its entirety, incomplete forms or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please submit your and resume via email to:CPIrecruitment@gov.ky or mail to:Chief HR Officer,
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure,
5th floor Government Administration Building,
133 Elgin Avenue,
George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000
Deadline for applications is: July 26th, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.