Head of Labour Demands, Development & Training
- Agency: Ministry of Human Resources & Immigration
- Reference: R01622018
- Posted: 06-Jul-2018
- Closing Date: 23-Jul-2018
- Salary: $72,240 - $97,176
- Job Description
CAYMAN ISLANDS GOVERNMENT WORKFORCE OPPORTUNITIES & RESIDENCY CAYMAN
Applications are invited for the post of:
HEAD OF LABOUR DEMANDS, DEVELOPMENT & TRAININGThe government of the Cayman Islands has taken a decision to review the management of labour and development of Caymanians in the labour workforce and as a result have agreed to reorganise the two existing departments; namely the Department of Immigration and National Workforce Development Agency; into a defined organisation; namely Workforce Opportunities & Residency Cayman (WORC).
The purpose of this senior post is to support the Deputy Director – Labour Needs & Supply in providing leadership, developing and implementing strategic plans to manage and continually improve the labour demands, development and training experience for all WORC customers, staff and stakeholders.
KEY DELIVERABLES (include but not limited to):
- Strategically deliver a unit that partners with industrie;
- Act as the principle advisor to the Deputy Director – Labour Needs & Supply on all Labour Market Demand, Training & Development, Employment Services and Labour Market Information Systems matters pertaining to WORC.
- Champion the customer throughout the Section;
- Measure and report on Labour Market Demands, Training & Development, Employment Services and Labour Market Information System;
- Manage, analyse, develop, recommend and implement improvements to relevant Labour Market Demands, Training & Development, Employment Services and Labour Market Information Systems processes, policies and procedures, in regard to the delivery of excellent customer service and communications as well as identify and promote areas of efficiency.
Education and/or Experience /Qualifications:
A postgraduate qualification or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or similar field plus ten (10) years’ experience with at least five (5) years in a management position. An MBA would be desirable. Demonstrated experience in managing human capital management issues such as, workforce planning, change management strategies, job analysis and talent acquisition as well as training & development and labour market information systems.
The proven ability to effectively manage a team including appraising people and performance, training, coaching, delegating and disciplining where necessary is required.
DETAILED job description, benefits information and application form are available at: www.recruitment.gov.ky
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Ministry of HUMAN RESOURCES & IMMIGRATION
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
PO Box 111 Grand Cayman KY1-9000, CAYMAN ISLANDS
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS: 23 JULY, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.