- Agency: Prison Service
- Reference: R01652018
- Posted: 09-Jul-2018
- Closing Date: 31-Jul-2018
- Salary: $39,732 - $53,436
- Job Description
Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service invites applications for the post of:
Administrative Assistant (to the Director)
The role of the Administrative Assistant is to provide full administrative, executive and secretarial services to the Director of Prisons.
The main responsibilities of the post holder will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the Director’s daily schedule, organize meetings, set appointments;
- Receive, screen and process telephone calls to the Director; progress issues arising from these calls.
- Organise meetings and produce the notes and/or minutes of these meetings.
- Respond to the Director’s correspondence by researching, drafting and producing replies in accordance with set guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that all correspondence is properly documented and easily retrieved. Keep proper file notes of incidents that require recording and maintain a folder with pending correspondence with intermittent follow-up until the matter has been settled, while at all times, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained in respect of work being undertaken.
- Assist clients by assessing their queries and making the necessary referrals as appropriate.
- Perform secretarial and administrative duties for the Director.
- Arrange Official Travel for the Director; Prepare requests for official advances and expense claims.
- Work closely with all staff in the Cayman Islands Prison Service and the Ministry on overall departmental projects.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years experience of executive level administrative/personal support.
- Candidates with a working knowledge of the Cayman Islands Gov-ernment is essential.
- Candidates with work experience in a correctional facility or other law enforcement or legal environment would be advantageous.
- An Associate Degree in Business Administration or similar field
- High level of IT proficiency.
- Demonstrates sound judgement, be a reliable team player and be results driven.
- Candidates should be mature and able to work with little to no supervision and use own initiative.
- Excellent planning, coordination, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Works well under pressure with tight and often overlapping deadlines.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task. A high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work with a diverse team in a dynamic environment.
The post holder will be expected to enter the Prison compound unescorted and occasionally interact with prisoners.
The post holder must have his/her own transportation.
All candidates should possess a clean police record and expect a full background check if shortlisted.
Ref: Admin Assistant Vacancy
24 Sheffield Drive,
PO Box 1807
Grand Cayman KY1-1109
DEADLINE: JULY 31, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.