Accounts Officer II
- Agency: Prison Service
- Reference: R02702018
- Posted: 02-Oct-2018
- Closing Date: 23-Oct-2018
- Salary: $37,716 - $50,700
- Job Description
Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service invites applications for the post of:
ACCOUNTS OFFICER II
Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service is the sole correctional service in the Cayman Islands. Its mission is to secure persons incarcerated by the judicial system safely and provide rehabilitative opportunities for offenders.
The Accounts Officer II will be an integral part of the team that ensures the comprehensive and effective administration and financial management of the Prison Service. This occurs within the parameters set out by the Public Service Management Law and Regulations, government and organizational policy and procedures. The Accounts Officer II will also be a critical part of the management of inmate finances.
The Accounts Officer II is expected to actively demonstrate and hold others accountable to the Prison Service’s motto: DICE—Decency, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence.
- A high school diploma with a focus on business subjects. At least 5 GCSE passes including Math and English.
- An Associate Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or other related area would be advantageous.
- A minimum of 2 years accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Without required external exam passes, a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in accounting or bookkeeping is required.
- Experience with the Oracle e-Business Suite (IRIS) platform is important.
- Work Experience in the Public Service and in Public Service Finance is advantageous.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Applications with particular strengths in Microsoft Excel.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated professionalism and high ethical standards.
- Customer/Client-Focused. High level of customer service skills is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is essential.
- Able to prioritize work and respond to demands of the team/organization.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrates sound decision making.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Works well in a team environment but also able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of relevant financial management laws, regulations and government policies.
The post holder will be expected to enter the Prison compound unescorted and work alongside prisoners on a daily basis. The post holder will be required to meet prisoners at all prison facilities and must have a clean drivers license and his/her own transportation. All candidates should possess a clean police record and expect a full background check if shortlisted.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO BE CONSIDERED:
- CI Govt Employment Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of relevant certificates / qualifications
- Copy of passport (biographic page)
Ref: Accounts Officer II Post
24 Sheffield Drive, Northward
PO Box 1807
Grand Cayman KY1-1109
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 23rd 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.