Grand Court Clerk
- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD14/2018
- Posted: 04-Oct-2018
- Closing Date: 31-Oct-2018
- Salary: CI$37,716 - CI$50,700
- Job Description
The Judicial Administration is now accepting applications for the post of:
GRAND COURT CLERK
The post holder serves as the primary administrative support for the Grand Court (indictments and Summary Court Appeals) and Coroners Court and is also responsible for Jury Management
Education, Experience and Skills:-
- 5 years strong Office Administrative experience with at least three years working experience in a Legal environment and preparing or processing legal documents, forms, and/or records used for court proceedings
- Paralegal Certification and experience would be an advantage
- Basic Accounting and Analytical skills are required.
- The post holder must have experience in performing the duties of a Courtroom Clerk or possess the ability to acquire the necessary skills (including speaking clearly and confidently in public) within a short period.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have good interpersonal and oral skills,
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers.
- Must possess strong public speaking skills.
- The post holder must possess the ability to use initiative, have excellent organizational skills, be tactful, discreet and able to maintain strict confidentiality and deal with difficult and stressful situations calmly.
- Working knowledge of Cayman Islands statutes related to Grand Court procedures such as the Criminal Procedure, Penal Code, and Judicature Law, the Rules of Court and related procedures, would be an advantage; if not, must have the ability to acquire that within a short period.
- Must type at a rate of at least 45 wpm from clear copy;
- Must possess excellent written & Analytical Skills
- Must possess the ability to interpret, explain and follow laws, procedures and policies involved in processing court cases
PLEASE SUBMIT FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
P O Box 495
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Fax: (345) 949-8650
For application form and job description available at www.recruitment.gov.ky
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: OCTOBER 31ST, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.