- Agency: Prison Service
- Reference: R02692018
- Posted: 02-Oct-2018
- Closing Date: 23-Oct-2018
- Salary: $51,900 - $69,804
- Job Description
Her Majestyís Cayman Islands Prison Service invites applications for the post of:
Her Majestyís Cayman Islands Prison Service is the sole correctional service in the Cayman Islands. Its mission is to secure persons incarcerated by the judicial system safely and provide rehabilitative opportunities for offenders.
The Correctional Counselor is an integral member of the clinical team tasked with assessing, counseling and contributing to treat-ment plans for offenders. Successful candidates will also assist in facilitating group treatment programs such as sex offenders and drug abuse education and prevention. The post holder also acts as a liaison for the Prison Service and an advocate in case confer-ences and in court proceedings as it relates to prisoners under their care.
The Correctional Counselor is expected to actively demonstrate and hold others accountable to the Prison Serviceís motto: DICEóDecency, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence.
- A Bachelorís Degree or equivalent in Psychology, Social Work, Counsel-ing or related human services from an accredited university. A Masterís Degree is preferred.
- Certifications and/or experience in drug and alcohol counseling is required.
- Certification and/or experience with mental health treatment required.
- Certification in sex offender treatment would be an asset.
- Must be registered to practice in the Cayman Islands or meet requirements for licensure as per the guidelines established by the Health Practice Commission.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the field. Experience working in a correctional environment would be an asset.
- Experience conducting group therapy.
- Experience working with mental health patients, drug and alcohol de-pendencies and those with dual diagnoses is required.
- Experience working with children would be advantageous.
- Experience working in a therapeutic community would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and be an active listener.
- Leadership and supervisory management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrates sound decision making.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of relevant patient rights laws and treatment protocols.
- Demonstrated ethical practice.
The post holder will be expected to enter the Prison compound unescorted and work alongside prisoners on a daily basis. The post holder will be required to meet prisoners at all prison facilities and must have a clean drivers license and his/her own transportation. All candidates should possess a clean police record and expect a full background check if shortlisted.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO BE CONSIDERED:
- CI Govt Employment Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of relevant certificates / qualifications
- Copy of passport (biographic page)
Ref: Correctional Counselor Post
24 Sheffield Drive, Northward
PO Box 1807
Grand Cayman KY1-1109
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 23rd 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.