Chief Medical Officer
- Agency: Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
- Reference: R02742018
- Posted: 10-Oct-2018
- Closing Date: 16-Nov-2018
- Salary: $115,440 - $137,208
- Job Description
The Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing invites applications for the post of:
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER (CMO)
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law and Personnel Regulations, Public Service Pensions Law and CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension contributions are currently set at 6% employer and 6% employee, both paid by the Cayman Islands Government. Health benefits are non-contributory for the employee and any dependents.
The Ministry of Health has an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic and inspiring Physician to fill the post of Chief Medical Officer. The Chief Medical Officer is the Government’s most senior medical advisor, responsible for providing expert advice on a wide range of issues relating to the health of the nation. The CMO supports the Minister and the Chief Officer in strengthening the Government’s collective effort to monitor and improve the quality of health care services and professionals and the health and well - being of the people of the Cayman Islands.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:The successful candidate must possess:
- A Medical Doctor degree (M.D., M.B., Ch.B.) from an accredited institution and an advanced Degree in Public Health (M.P.H.) or equivalent
- Board Certified and registered in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica or South Africa
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience as a practicing medical practitioner
- At least 5 years at a senior management position in public policy and/or public administration or healthcare management
- Extensive knowledge of clinical workforce planning, clinical governance and performance management processes
- Sound knowledge of Health Disaster, Financial and Fiscal management
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, & negotiation skills, and strong relationship management skills
The successful candidate will be required to register with the Cayman Islands Medical & Dental Council.
Please submit an application form and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Ministry of Health, Environment, Culture & Housing
5th Floor, Government Administration Building
133 Elgin Avenue
Grand Cayman KY1-9000, Cayman Islands
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday November 16, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.