Labour & Pensions Inspector
- Agency: Department of Labour and Pensions
- Reference: R02902018
- Posted: 01-Nov-2018
- Closing Date: 19-Nov-2018
- Salary: CI$46,488 - CI$62,532
- Job Description
Ministry of Human Resources & Immigration
Applications are invited for the post of:
LABOUR & PENSIONS INSPECTOR, DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR & PENSIONS
To function as an officer charged with the responsibility of effectively enforcing the Labour Law and the National Pensions Law in relation to Pensions Inspections, Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Inspections, and General Workplace Inspections so as to ensure compliance and avoid and/or resolve incidents, disputes, accidents, delinquencies in Pensions contributions, conflicts, and occupational disease, or prepare the case for prosecution.
Education and/or Experience /Qualifications
The skills and attitudes required include:
- At least an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Criminal Justice, Law or related field with a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years’ work experience.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Labour Law with an understanding of how it should be applied and in relation to other laws of the Cayman Islands is required.
- An in-depth knowledge of the compliance requirements for employers under the National Pensions Law, or an ability to acquire such knowledge, with an understanding of how it should be applied in relation to other laws of the Cayman Islands.
- Understanding of the Labour Tribunal System and decision- making process
- Specific experience, skills and certification in at least one of the following areas: human resource management, industrial relations, labour/occupational safety and health inspections, dispute resolution.
- An understanding of International Labour Standards, Occupational Safety and Health Standards, and other International Labour Standards, with an ability to offer guidance on how to apply these in different work environments.
- A working knowledge of National Pensions Law, Immigration Law, Health Insurance law, Trade and Business Law, and Judicial System of the Cayman Islands.
- Investigative and evidence gathering experience to a standard required for prosecution in court.
Please submit completed Government Application Form and, resume to:
Chief Human Resources Manager
Ministry of HUMAN RESOURCES & IMMIGRATION
5th floor Government Administration Building,
PO Box 111 Grand Cayman KY1-9000, CAYMAN ISLANDS
Deadline for receipt of applications: 19 NOVEMBER, 2018
(NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED)
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.