Secretary to the Immigration Appeals Tribunal
- Agency: Cabinet
- Reference: R02912018
- Posted: 02-Nov-2018
- Closing Date: 26-Nov-2018
- Salary: CI$41,724 - CI$56,112
- Job Description
The Cabinet Office is now accepting applications for a:
SECRETARY TO THE IMMIGRATION APPEALS TRIBUNAL
The successful Applicant will be expected to provide highly efficient secretarial services and assistance to the Tribunal with due regard for the sensitivity and confidentiality of information handled and assist the Coordinator of the Immigration Appeals Tribunal Secretariat by contributing to efficient record keeping in accordance with statutory requirements.
Applicants must possess the following Skills:-
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, assimilate facts, prioritise and ensure accuracy and conformity to procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as ability to deliver high quality customer service.
- Sound working knowledge of the relevant IT systems (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, IRIS and Oracle).
- Research and probing skills are essential as the successful applicant will sometimes need to research information for the Tribunal.
Applicant must hold an Associate’s Degree in Business or Public Administration with minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role OR a High School graduate with passes in at least five subjects at O’Level/CXC (including English) with minimum 6 years’ experience in similar role.
Minimum two years working experience attending Board or Committee meetings, taking accurate notes and producing minutes. Working knowledge of Immigration legislation regarding Appeals.
Please submit an application form and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of: Acting Director of Special Projects, Cabinet Office, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, George Town.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 26th NOVEMBER, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.