- Agency: Judicial Administration
- Reference: JUD14/2018
- Posted: 03-Dec-2018
- Closing Date: 31-Dec-2018
- Salary: $49,428 - $66,480
- Job Description
The Judicial Administration is now accepting applications for the post of:
To write a verbatim record of court and court-related proceedings in stenographic code into his/her computerised stenographic machine at a minimum rate of 225 w.p.m.
To provide accurate, certified official transcripts of such proceedings upon appeal or by request of authorized party (the presiding judge).
- Attendance in Grand Court to take down a verbatim note of evidence and proceedings. This includes both criminal trials and civil rulings.
- Preparation of official transcripts for the Court of Appeal and sometimes providing excerpts of testimony in draft transcript form during the course of an ongoing trial when requested by the presiding judge.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Qualifications: A degree/diploma from an accredited Court Reporting college or institute.
- Must possess at least five years working experience as a Court Reporter in a Court Room setting.
- Must be able to write at a minimum of 225 wpm
- Must be experienced in the use of specialized computer shorthand machine (i.e. stenograph) and working knowledge of Eclipse Software is desirable.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified and experience Caymanians
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM & RESUME TO:
Human Resource Manager
P O Box 495
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Fax: (345) 949-8650
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: DECEMBER 31ST, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.