Accounts Officer IV
- Agency: Vehicle & Drivers' Licensing
- Reference: R03112018
- Posted: 04-Dec-2018
- Closing Date: 21-Dec-2018
- Salary: $30,912 - $41,544
- Job Description
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure Department of Vehicle & Driversí Licensing Applications are invited for the post of:
Accounts Officer IV
The post holder will assist in maintaining the Departmentís accounting records with a high level of accuracy, ensuring that all accounts receivable activities are processed into Government Accounting System Ė IRIS in accordance with internal control procedures and relevant financial legislation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Reconcile daily D.A.V.I.D. system Payment Summary Report to ensure that Executive and Entity revenue receipts combined reflects the bankís deposit slips.
- Ensure that all adjustments and overridden transactions in D.A.V.I.D system are accounted and brought to the attention of the Finance Manager if they are not resolved within a reasonable period.
- Record all cash differences by Licensing Officers and ensure that the shortages are paid in a timely manner.
- Bill and collect Government fees due for Government requisitions/transfer vouchers generated D.A.V.I.D.
- Provide and collate monthly revenue data to Finance Manager.
- Receipt Purchase Orders for goods/services when required.
- Review and submit reports monthly to the Finance Manager and ensure that overdue invoices are cleared in a timely manner and resolve queries from other Government Departments on outstanding invoices.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- The post-holder should possess a High School diploma with a minimum of 4 CXC passes including English and Accounts or Math and a minimum of 1 year experience is preferred in an accounting environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Excel and Word. Familiarity with IRIS and TRS would be and asset.
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Possess or be able to acquaint oneself quickly with an understanding of the departmentís Vehicle Licensing System (DAVID);
- A working knowledge of the Traffic Law 2011, The Traffic Regulations 2012, The Public Service Management Law (2013 Revision), The Personnel Regulations (2013 Revision), Public Management and Finance Law (2013 Revision), Financial Regulations (2013 Revision) and the accounting practices followed within the Cayman Islands Government is highly desirable.
The full job description and application form can be obtained at www.gov.ky. Please submit your application form and resume via email to: DVDLRecruitment@gov.ky or mail to:
Department of Vehicle & Driversí Licensing
Attention: Deputy Director
P.O. Box 1165, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102
Tel: (345) 945-8344; Fax (345) 945-8345
Deadline for applications is: December 21st, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.