Manager of Licensing
- Agency: Vehicle & Drivers' Licensing
- Reference: R03122018
- Posted: 05-Dec-2018
- Closing Date: 21-Dec-2018
- Salary: $58,344 - $78,456
- Job Description
Ministry of Commerce, Planning & Infrastructure Department of Vehicle & Driversí Licensing Applications are invited for the post of:
Manager of Licensing
The post holder will plan, organize and manage the licensing functions and staff involved in the inspection of motor vehicles, driversí examinations and the issuance/renewal of motor vehicle/driverís licenses.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the daily vehicle/driverís licensing transactions of the department and ensure the collection of revenue.
- Managing the vehicle/drivers licensing activities at all locations and ensure relief cover is provided at those locations. Also, ensure daily vehicle/driverís licensing functions are being performed efficiently and effectively at all vehicle licensing locations.
- Planning and providing vehicle licensing/driverís licensing staff with the necessary vehicle/driverís licensing resources/materials and ensure procedures are in place for stock and inventory control. Also, assist with the monitoring and reconciliation of these materials.
- Providing monthly updates and reports to Deputy Director/Director with any vehicle/driverís licensing issues and assists with formulation/implementation of recommendations to resolve those issues.
- Project management of any special vehicle/driverís licensing projects assigned and providing assistance with other special projects assigned by the Ministry.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- A Bachelorís degree in Business Administration or Finance and a minimum of 5 yearsí experience with at least 3 years at management level Or;
- High school graduate with passes in English and Math and a minimum of 10 years working experience, of which 5 years should be at managerial / supervisory level.
- Good working knowledge of Public Service Management Law (2017 Revision), Personnel Regulations (2017 Revision), Public Management & Finance Law (2013 Revision), Financial Regulations (2013 Revision), The Traffic Law, 2011 and The Traffic Regulations, 2012 and other associated regulations.
- Possess strong planning, organizational, and supervisory skills in order to ensure that objectives and tasks within the department are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills as the ability to communicate effectively with Ministry/management/staff/other government departments/authorities/ agencies and other stake holders in the commercial sector.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/Publisher/Power Point and a thorough understanding of vehicle/driverís licensing computer system.
The full job description and application form can be obtained at www.gov.ky. Please submit your application form and resume via email to: DVDLRecruitment@gov.ky or mail to:
Department of Vehicle & Driversí Licensing
Attention: Deputy Director
P.O. Box 1165, Grand Cayman, KY1-1102
Tel: (345) 945-8344; Fax (345) 945-8345
Deadline for applications is: December 21st, 2018
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.