- Agency: Education
- Reference: R03412018
- Posted: 20-Dec-2018
- Closing Date: 18-Jan-2019
- Salary: $51,900 - $58,740
- Job Description
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with principals and senior management teams to develop implement and provide feedback on literacy action plans and literacy targets within a group of assigned schools. The post holder will be responsible for training and supporting teachers and other personnel within assigned schools in the planning, delivery and assessment of literacy initiatives.
*Required qualifications, experience & special skills include the following:
- The successful candidate must have a Master’s in Education (MSc/MEd) in the literacy /reading or teaching and learning.
- At least five years’ experience as a Reading Teacher or Literacy Mentor Teacher of which at least two years should have been involved solely in the teaching of children who are at–risk in reading.
- The ability to work with students with special needs in reading/language.
- The successful candidate must also have excellent interpersonal skills.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs
Please send your completed Government Application Form, Supplementary Form (teaching post only) and Cover Letter only via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 18th, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.