- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R0042019
- Posted: 08-Jan-2019
- Closing Date: 24-Jan-2019
- Salary: $51,900 - $69,804
- Job Description
We seek an experienced individual to join and lead the Department of Agriculture Accountís Unit. The successful candidate must ensure that all accounting systems of the department are properly structured, and that all financial operations of the accounting section are managed in an efficient and effective manner.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience using Oracle IRIS Application/accounting System and Counterpoint would be an asset
- Experience monitoring budgets and preparing reports as required.
- Knowledge of the Public Management and Finance Law and the financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the International Public Sector Standards (IPSAS) financial reporting, and budgeting would be an asset.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office including advance Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Financial and management skills, with the ability to perform under pressure.
- Procurement, Inventory and Fixed Asset experience.
- Proven ability to organize, analyse and manage work while maintaining confidentiality
- Oversee Accounts Payables & Receivables including revenue collection
- Oversee & monitor purchase order requisitions to ensure that they are in accordance with the budget.
- Ensure that month end reporting requirements are completed in a timely manner including the preparation of monthly financial reports of Key performance indicators for the Director of Agriculture and senior management of the Ministry.
- To prepare, in consultation with the Director, the Annual Budget Statement and the Annual Plan & Estimates of expenditure & revenue for the department.
- To ensure that all accounting matters of the department are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws & regulations and to develop & implement internal financial control systems that will ensure efficient running of the departmentís financial activities.
The post holder must have Bachelorís Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and four (4) years working experience in an accounts environment which operates on predetermined deadlines and procedures OR an Associateís Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and eight (8) years of relevant work experience in an accounts environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
Please submit your application form and resume via email to:
Operational Human Resource & Information Manager
Department of Agriculture
#181 Lottery Rd, Bodden Town
Grand Cayman, KY1-1106
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.