- Agency: Education
- Reference: R03282018
- Posted: 19-Dec-2018
- Closing Date: 18-Jan-2019
- Salary: $84,876 - $96,060
- Job Description
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing professional leadership and management at the High School level, establishing a culture of high expectations, and ensuring that a high quality education is provided for all students within the context of increasingly effective and efficient use of available resources.
*Required qualifications, experience & special skills include the following:
- A qualified, graduate teacher, with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area
- National Education Leadership Programme (NELP) certification or an equivalent qualification in education administration, or be willing to undertake designated training upon appointment on an acting basis.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ successful teaching experience, at least 3 years of which must have been in a senior management position.
- An understanding of the teaching and learning processes and of the factors and strategies that can impact upon student performance.
- Knowledge and experience of schools’ self-evaluation and strategic planning to inform whole school improvement are essential.
- Knowledge and experience of curriculum development, external examinations, data analysis and management and timetabling are essential.
- ICT literacy, with an understanding of the current state of ICT technology in our society and its potential applications for teaching, learning and management, with a keen interest in future developments.
- Knowledge and experience of managing a budget, management and reporting procedures and sound human resources practices.
- Strong relationship management skills and an ability to work effectively with students, parents, school personnel and a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge and experience in other areas impacting the position such as community liaison, staff training and ICT integration are highly desirable and would be an advantage.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs
Please send your completed Government Application Form, Supplementary Form (teaching post only) and Cover Letter only via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 18th, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.